Friday, February 11, 2011

Crysis 2 Leak

A developmental build of Crytek's Crysis 2 has leaked, with fully functional multi-player.




I have mixed feelings about this one. I feel sympathetic for Crytek in that, they seemed to have done a good job creating a successor to the god awful Crysis and actually focused on the gameplay. But in a way I feel like they kind of deserved it for neglecting the PC crowd and releasing a demo EXCLUSIVELY for the ShitBox360.

If they had released a demo for PC I feel this likely wouldn't have happened. I bet it was a disgruntled EA/Crytek employee, no doubt a freedom fighter for PC gamers.

PC demos used to be commonplace among the PC gaming industry. Eventually developers realized people would buy their games without trying them first. We should at least be able to purchase a trial period.

Whatever, maybe it will get better in time. I wont get my hopes up.

1 comment: